Retirement Living in a Rural Setting
Cottonwood Village was thoughtfully designed to deliver the best retirement lifestyle rural Alberta has to offer. Located in Claresholm in the heart of the foothills, surrounded by lush grasslands and mountain views, we pride ourselves on being part of the relaxed Claresholm community.
Living at Cottonwood Village will make it easy to enjoy every moment while creating new and lasting memories. You can relax knowing that our qualified staff will be there for you when you need them. Inviting ambiance, relaxed dining and pleasurable activities await you at Cottonwood Village.
Our common areas include a library, living room with a gas fireplace, dining room, an activity room with a games table, pool table and a piano.
Studio and one bedroom suites are equipped with air conditioning. The suites have a large private bathroom with a sit-down shower; kitchen area with a fridge; sink and a space for microwave.
Our services include:
- Meal Planning done by our Chefs accommodates dietary needs for residents with diabetes, we pride ourselves on providing heart smart meals and do our best to accommodate the likes and dislikes of our residents.
- Three meals daily; room service is available
- Tea stations offer homemade snacks, sandwiches and drinks on a self-serve basis throughout the day
- Weekly housekeeping and separate laundry per suite
- Recreation and social programs seven days a week
- Transportation during the week
- Bus trips provided by Care Transit
- Small pets are welcome with pre approval by management. You’ll need to sign a pet agreement and provide a nominal pet damage deposit.
The Residence has 24-hour Staffing and a Call Bell System. Each suite and all common areas are equipped with fire alarms; smoke detectors; sprinklers and there is emergency lighting in the hallways. Common areas have handrails and are wheelchair accessible. The Hospital and local shopping area are within walking distance.
At Cottonwood Village, our staff does everything they can to make you feel at home. From activities to Red Seal chef-cooked meals and comfortable suites, we want you to be completely comfortable. Feel free to contact us by calling us or by filling out the form below to send a message. A member of our staff will get back to you as soon as possible.
With a charming laugh, Edna Helber recalls that moving into Cottonwood Village was like moving into a first-class hotel. “At least that’s what it felt like,” she says eight years later, and it still feels that way.
The home was but two years old when Edna chose to make the move from her house in Claresholm. She had friends who lived there and spoke highly of the home as a small community, and at the time Edna needed that type of connectedness. She was always a social person, but her home had grown quite lonely after her husband passed away.
Edna was a girl of 10 when her family moved from Saskatchewan to a sprawling farm outside Claresholm in Southern Alberta. She lived on that farm for decades after she took it over from her parents with her husband. They eventually sold the farm some 10 years ago and bought a house in town. They were only there for a year or so when her husband passed. Read more of Edna’s story here…