A Meet a Team Member Who Illustrates the Commitment to Quality of Life at Riverside Manor Independent Living
Benjamin Neufeld has worked at Riverside Manor for four years as both a Server in the dining room and as an Activity Coordinator. His playful personality and ease with Seniors have endeared him to the people who make their home here.
Benjamin’s natural comfort with those he serves brightens many hearts at Riverside Manor and General Manager, Virginia Roberts, says his personal approach is a perfect illustration of the values her home and its sister homes throughout the Optima Living family create every day.
“It’s all about the seniors,” she says. “You can see the looks of joy in the faces of the Residents when they’re interacting with Benjamin; they’re laughing and they’re smiling and there are some really tender moments there.” Read more about Benjamin here …
A Community for You!
Riverside Manor is set beautifully at the end of the Fraser Valley, surrounded by the mountains and perched on the bank of the Coquihalla River. Riverside Manor echoes the personality of a small, warm, country feel to be enjoyed as a stroll around or from your patio doors.
Riverside Manor is a single-storey building with 12 Funded Assisted Living Suites and 18 Private Independent Suites.
Our goal is to Provide Home Style Living and the Best Quality of Life Possible by enabling each resident to experience as full and independent lifestyle as possible.
Our commitment to quality of life includes:
- Treating Everyone with Respect and Dignity.
- Enable Freedom of Choice.
- Respect and Protect Privacy.
- Providing Recreation and Social Interactions.
- Support Residents’ independence through the physical design features in the building and the delivery of support services.
Our common areas include a library, living room with a gas fireplace, dining room, an activity room with a games table, pool table and a piano. We also have a beauty salon/barbershop on site and an outdoor patio space.
Studio and one bedroom suites are equipped with air conditioning. The suites have a large private bathroom with a sit-down shower; kitchen area with a fridge; sink and a space for microwave.
Our services include:
- Meal Planning done by our Chefs accommodates dietary needs for residents with diabetes, we pride ourselves on providing heart smart meals and do our best to accommodate the likes and dislikes of our residents.
- Three meals daily; room service is available.
- Tea stations offer homemade snacks, sandwiches and drinks on a self-serve basis throughout the day.
- Weekly housekeeping and separate laundry per suite.
- Recreation and social programs seven days a week.
- Courtesy taxi three times a week.
- Bus trips provided by Care Transit.
- Small pets are welcome with pre approval by management. You’ll need to sign a pet agreement and provide a nominal pet damage deposit.
The Residence has 24-hour Staffing and a Call Bell System. Each suite and all common areas are equipped with fire alarms; smoke detectors; sprinklers and there is emergency lighting in the hallways. Common areas have handrails and are wheelchair accessible. The Hospital and local shopping area are within walking distance.